Mounts Botanical Garden is an oasis in the heart of the Palm Beaches.
We are a cultural attraction open to the public, in cooperation with the Palm Beach County Cooperative Extension Service and the University of Florida. We provide beautiful botanical displays and natural habitats for both people and wildlife to enjoy.
General Garden Policies
Please help us protect and maintain the Garden by observing the following:
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. For their safety, please supervise children at all times.
- Please leave your pets at home. To ensure a pleasant visit for all, dogs are not allowed in the Garden. Service animals for the disabled, however, are permitted.
- No bicycles, no skate boards, no two-wheeled scooters; these wheeled vehicles are not allowed in the Garden for safety’s sake.
- Strollers, wheelchairs and power chairs are permitted. A wheelchair is available for use; please call ahead of your visit.
- Walking on the grass paths is permitted.
- Please leave the flowers and plants for everyone to enjoy. Do NOT collect or remove any seeds, flowers, fruits, leaves without permission.
- Enjoy the trees, but please do not climb on them.
- NO swimming and NO fishing. Please do not wade or swim in the ponds, stream or other water features.
- Picnicking is permitted in the open areas. Picnic tables are located near the Pavilion, overlooking the pond, and near the Hutcheson Center. Please be courteous and clean up afterwards by removing all your picnic trash.
- Active sports or games are discouraged, except during Special Events.
- The Garden provides benches throughout the grounds for relaxing.
- Protect yourself from the sun, particularly in warmer months. Bug spray is suggested for your personal use.
- Visitors are permitted to take pictures and video for their own personal use only. Please do not block pathways or access for other visitors with tripods or monopods. Please check our Photo Policies in advance for rules and restrictions regarding all other types of photography.
- The rights of other visitors to enjoy the garden must always be respected. Mounts Botanical Garden reserves the right to ask a visitor to leave for inappropriate or offensive behavior. Visitors will be held liable for any damage to Garden property.
General Photography Guidelines
The Photography Guidelines outlined here are intended for all guests. Snapshots and photographs are a wonderful way to capture the beauty of Mounts Botanical Garden. We encourage Garden visitors and amateur photographers to take photos of plants for their personal use and enjoyment. BUT, if you are coming to the Garden as a Commercial Photographer, you need to get Photography Approval.
Reservations for commercial photography and/or filming are required.
However, for wedding ceremonies or other special occasions scheduled at the Gardens visitors are welcome to take their photographs during their rental time at no additional fee. As always, the Photography Policies apply.
If a photographer is asked by another visitor not to take pictures of that person, or others accompanying that person, the request must be honored to protect personal rights of privacy. If a picture has already been taken, it should be deleted upon request.
- Call ahead to schedule your photography session. In the event of rain, you may reschedule your session.
- Smoking is not permitted.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed.
- Remain on the pathways and grassy turf at all times. Do not stand in planting beds or on benches. Do not stand in fountains or pools.
- Do not disturb or remove plants, plant labels or containers.
- Do not block access to the entrance, pathways, or garden areas that are in use by others.
- To keep pathways accessible and safe for all, please do not blocks paths with camera tripods.
For Professional Photographers
Download the Photography Approval Application (PDF) here.
Please submit your Application with your fee to the Mounts Botanical Garden office at least two weeks in advance of your photography session.