Qi Gong Classes
February 16 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Wednesday, repeating until February 23, 2022
Qi Gong at the Garden
Relieve stress and increase your metabolism, flexibility, and strength. Roxanne Cumberland leads this series of Wednesday classes.
Qi Gong (pronounced chee-gong) is an ancient Chinese exercise and healing technique. The exercises include simple, slow movements (which mimic nature), meditation, and focused breathing — similar to Tai Chi.
Classes are Wednesdays, 10:00-11:00 am
- Fee is $10 per class for MBG members; $15 per class for nonmembers (includes full Garden admission).
- Registration is required; class size is limited to 20.
- Designed for adults of any age and level of ability.
- Class will be held INSIDE.
- Participants will be spaced for social distancing.
- Wear sneakers or comfortable shoes and bring a beach towel or yoga mat and water.
- Chairs will be available.
- Meet at the Garden entrance; instructor will take the group through the Garden to the Exhibit Hall.
The benefits of Qi Gong:
Focused attention on the breath enhances functionality in the body and the mind allowing the participant to have more awareness and control over the Qi which is defined as ‘life force’ or energy.”
A Qi Gong class includes the following elements:
- Activate Qi
- Flow (take in positive energy, slow and relaxing)
About Roxanne Cumberland:
Roxanne has studied Qi Gong for the past 10 years and holds a certification to teach through Holden Qi Gong. She is a retired Palm Beach County public school teacher and the current President of the Rare Fruit Council of Palm Beach County.