Get Back to Our Senses
Mounts Botanical is launching 2021 with two new, outdoor series, each running for 5 weeks. Let’s get back to our senses!
Get Back to Our Senses Guided Walks (Fridays, 1/29-2/26)
Come reconnect with nature and your inner self with these delightful sensory walks. Each week will offer a different experience to engage your senses. Guided Walks will be led by Special Projects Manager, April Krebs unless otherwise noted.
February 12: An Eye for Capturing Portraits and Selfies
$24 (admits 2 people) for nonmembers; $10 (admits 2 people) for MBG Members
How many times have you been somewhere really beautiful, but had no one to take your photo? This Guided Walk for couples and friends will feature some fun ways to capture an engaging portrait or selfie. This walk will be led by local portrait photographer, Steve Horan, who will share his creative process on how to use the landscape, Garden features and natural light to take better selfies and photos of your loved ones. Bring your camera or your phone!
Steve’s book, “People of Yellowstone” showcases over 85 portraits of those who make Yellowstone National Park the center of their lives. The portrait’s settings range from swamps to mountaintops and from dawn to dusk, as Steve worked with each person to find the perfect place and time of day for their photo shoot. The book and portraits have won awards and been featured in national and local publications. Steve has had many gallery exhibitions of his work in the United States and Canada. He is currently working on a series of candid portraits: “Urban & Ocean” set in downtown Toronto, Canada and Lake Worth Beach, Florida. Follow Steve on Instagram @horan.steve.
Steve will have copies of his book available for sale! You’ll be able to purchase with cash or check only.
- Guided Walks are each one hour, with a new theme each week.
- Held on Fridays at 12:00 pm, January 29th through February 26th.
- For adults only.
- Advance registration is required.
- Limit of 10 people per class.
- Wear sneakers or good walking shoes and bring water.
- Guided Walks are priced individually and include full Garden admission.
CLICK for information on the other Guided Walks and our Invigorating Body Flex Series.
Your Safety is our Priority
- We are gradually adding reduced capacity, in-person events and programs to our calendar.
- Face coverings are required for all participants at in-person events and programs.
- Individuals at a higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 (including older adults and vulnerable people of all ages with certain underlying medical conditions) should avoid in-person events and gatherings at this time.