Get Back to Our Senses Series
Mounts Botanical has launched 2021 with new, outdoor wellness series. Let’s get back to our senses!
Invigorating Body Flex – Thursday, March 25th
Come raise your energy level, work on your balance, strengthen muscles and core while having fun in our beautiful surroundings. Find joy in getting out and moving your body in a safe environment. Classes will be led by certified fitness/yoga instructor, Hegina Rodrigues. Each class is limited to the first 15 people to register.
- 9:00 am; classes are each 45 minutes.
- Meet at the front entrance; instructor will take the group through the Garden to the class location.
- Fee is $15 per class, which includes full Garden admission.
- Designed for adults of any age and level of ability.
- Limit of 15 people per class; participants will be spaced for social distancing.
- Wear sneakers or good walking shoes and bring water.
- Chairs will be available.
- Rain location is the Portico in the Hutcheson Agricultural Complex.
The benefits of Body Flex low impact aerobic exercises:
- Safe and effective for increasing range of motion with low impact, entire body movement
- Alleviates stress and pressure on your joints
- Focuses on balance and stretching while bringing awareness to the breath
- Engages the brain and boosts your overall energy
About Hegina Rodrigues
Hegina has a background in dance and has been teaching fitness and yoga for decades. While certified in several types of yoga in the US, Brazil, Nepal and India, she enjoys teaching a variety of styles and is not limited to one type. Her classes vary according to place and audience keeping the classes interesting, safe and fun for all abilities. She has developed her own movement and breath combinations, creating a low impact way to raise energy, improve balance, strength and flexibility.
Your Safety is our Priority
- We are gradually adding reduced capacity, in-person events and programs to our calendar.
- Face coverings are required for all participants at in-person events and programs.
- Individuals at a higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 (including older adults and vulnerable people of all ages with certain underlying medical conditions) should avoid in-person events and gatherings at this time.