Get Back to Our Senses Series
Mounts Botanical is launching 2021 with new, outdoor wellness series. Let’s get back to our senses!
Art in the Garden Drawing Class – Thursday, March 11th
Come and be inspired by nature! Experience the Garden’s tropical delights through an artist’s eyes while sketching in our display gardens. Learn the drawing process and how your inspiration can be recorded and translated into a sketch. Classes will be led by artist/instructor, Marilyn Walter.
- Thursday, 1-2:30 pm; registration is required.
- Limit of 12 people per class; participants will be spaced for social distancing.
- Designed for adults at all levels of drawing experience
- Each class will build on the previous class for those who need it; newcomers welcome to each class.
- Wear sneakers or comfortable shoes and bring water.
- Chairs will be available.
- Rain location is the Portico in the Hutcheson Agricultural Complex.
- Fee is $20 per class for nonmembers (includes full Garden admission) and $10 for MBG Members
- Sketch Book 11×17 or 11×14 with regular drawing surface (recommended brands: CANSON or STRATHMORE)
- Graphite pencils; 2H, HB, 2B, 4B, 6B
- Erasers: kneaded eraser and white plastic
- Pencil sharpener, hand held with good blades
- Container for pencil shavings
- Soft rag
- Masking tape
About Marilyn Walter:
Marilyn is an active member of the South Florida Arts Community. She has taught drawing, painting, and mixed media. Her own figurative and landscape works have been in numerous shows in Florida, Texas, New Jersey and New York.