Gentle Yoga – Thursday, May 20, 2021
Registration closes Wednesday, May 19th at noon.
Join us for a gentle yoga flow class, which incorporates balance and flexibility movements with a relaxing meditation the end of class. Yoga can help improve mental and physical well-being by increasing body awareness, relieving anxiety, decreasing stress, relaxing the mind, sharpening concentration and increasing flexibility. Yoga promotes better sleep, gives you more energy and better mood regulation.
Classes will be led by certified yoga instructor, Hegina Rodrigues.
- 9:30 am; classes are each 45 minutes.
- Fee is $10 per class for members; $15 per class for nonmembers; fee includes full Garden admission.
- Designed for adults of any age and level of ability.
- Limit of 15 people per class; participants will be spaced for social distancing.
- Bring a yoga mat; chairs will also be available.
- Wear sneakers or good walking shoes and bring water.
- Meet at the front entrance; instructor will take the group through the Garden to the class location.
- Rain location is the Portico in the Hutcheson Agricultural Complex unless otherwise directed.
About Hegina Rodrigues
Hegina has a background in dance and has been teaching fitness and yoga for decades. While certified in several types of yoga in the US, Brazil, Nepal and India, she enjoys teaching a variety of styles and is not limited to one type. Her classes vary according to place and audience keeping the classes interesting, safe and fun for all abilities. She has developed her own movement and breath combinations, creating a low impact way to raise energy, improve balance, strength and flexibility.
Your Safety is our Priority
- We are gradually adding reduced capacity, in-person events and programs to our calendar.
- Face coverings are required for all participants at in-person events and programs.
- Individuals at a higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 (including older adults and vulnerable people of all ages with certain underlying medical conditions) should avoid in-person events and gatherings at this time.