Qi Gong – Wednesday, April 28, 2021
Registration closes Tuesday, April 27th at noon.
Come relieve stress and increase your metabolism, flexibility and strength. Qi Gong (pronounced chee-gong) is an ancient Chinese exercise and healing technique. The exercises include simple, slow movements (which mimic nature), meditation and focused breathing — similar to Tai Chi.
Each class is limited to the first 10-15 people to register. Classes will be led by Roxanne Cumberland.
- Wednesday, 10:00-11:00 am
- Designed for adults of any age and level of ability.
- Participants will be spaced for social distancing.
- Wear sneakers or comfortable shoes and bring a beach towel or yoga mat and water.
- Chairs will be available.
- Meet at the front entrance; instructor will take the group through the Garden to the class location.
- Rain location is the Portico in the Hutcheson Agricultural Complex.
- Fee is $25 per class for nonmembers (includes full Garden admission), and $10 for MBG members.
The benefits of Qi Gong:
Focused attention on the breath enhances functionality in the body and the mind allowing the participant to have more awareness and control over the Qi which is defined as ‘life force’ or energy.”
A Qi Gong class includes the following elements:
- Activate Qi
- Flow (take in positive energy, slow and relaxing)
About Roxanne Cumberland:
Roxanne has studied Qi Gong for the past 10 years and holds a certification to teach through Holden Qi Gong. She is a retired Palm Beach County public school teacher and the current President of the Rare Fruit Council of Palm Beach County.
Your Safety is our Priority
- We are gradually adding reduced capacity, in-person events and programs to our calendar.
- Face coverings are required for all participants at in-person events and programs.
- Individuals at a higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 (including older adults and vulnerable people of all ages with certain underlying medical conditions) should avoid in-person events and gatherings at this time.