Qi Gong – Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Registration closes Tuesday, June 29th.
Come relieve stress and increase your metabolism, flexibility and strength. Qi Gong (pronounced chee-gong) is an ancient Chinese exercise and healing technique. The exercises include simple, slow movements (which mimic nature), meditation and focused breathing — similar to Tai Chi.
Each class is limited to 15. Classes will be led by Roxanne Cumberland.
- Wednesday, 10:00-11:00 am
- Fee is $10 per class for MBG members; $15 per class for nonmembers (includes full Garden admission).
- Designed for adults of any age and level of ability.
- Class will be held INSIDE.
- Participants will be spaced for social distancing.
- Wear sneakers or comfortable shoes and bring a beach towel or yoga mat and water.
- Chairs will be available.
- Meet at the front entrance; instructor will take the group through the Garden to the Exhibit Hall.
- Use of Face Masks: Mounts Botanical follows all Palm Beach County/CDC policies. Our Exhibit Hall is a County building. If you are fully vaccinated, you are not required to wear a mask inside County buildings. If you are not vaccinated, the recommendation is for you to wear your mask while indoors and outdoors, where you are unable to socially distance.
The benefits of Qi Gong:
Focused attention on the breath enhances functionality in the body and the mind allowing the participant to have more awareness and control over the Qi which is defined as ‘life force’ or energy.”
A Qi Gong class includes the following elements:
- Activate Qi
- Flow (take in positive energy, slow and relaxing)
About Roxanne Cumberland:
Roxanne has studied Qi Gong for the past 10 years and holds a certification to teach through Holden Qi Gong. She is a retired Palm Beach County public school teacher and the current President of the Rare Fruit Council of Palm Beach County.