This Guided Walk is SOLD OUT.
Get Back to Our Senses
Mounts Botanical is launching 2021 with two new, outdoor series, each running for 5 weeks. Let’s get back to our senses!
Get Back to Our Senses Guided Walks (Fridays, 1/29-2/26)
Come reconnect with nature and your inner self with these delightful sensory walks. Each week will offer a different experience to engage your senses. Guided Walks will be led by Special Projects Manager, April Krebs unless otherwise noted.
February 19: Touch-Me-Not Cactus and Succulents
$15 nonmembers; $5 members
Join us for a walk in the sun to learn about cactus and succulents! These popular plants often have prickles or spines that keep us from touching them. Their spines have another important function too, which is to condense moisture. Want to know more secrets about these amazing plants? We’ll start off in the Sun Garden of Extremes and end up in the Mounts Botanical Nursery, where you will be able to plant your own succulent baby to take home.
- Guided Walks are each one hour, with a new theme each week.
- Held on Fridays at 12:00 pm, January 29th through February 26th.
- For adults only.
- Advance registration is required.
- Limit of 10 people per class.
- Wear sneakers or good walking shoes and bring water.
- Guided Walks are priced individually and include full Garden admission.
CLICK for information on the other Guided Walks and our Invigorating Body Flex Series.
Your Safety is our Priority
- We are gradually adding reduced capacity, in-person events and programs to our calendar.
- Face coverings are required for all participants at in-person events and programs.
- Individuals at a higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 (including older adults and vulnerable people of all ages with certain underlying medical conditions) should avoid in-person events and gatherings at this time.