Welcome Back to the Garden!
Mounts Botanical Garden (MBG) has reopened with a phased approach to help flatten the curve and maintain public health safety measures. Phase 1 limits Garden capacity to 50% of normal daily visitation.
We are following all recommended policies issued by Palm Beach County, the Florida Department of Health in Palm Beach County, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to ensure the health and safety of our guests, staff and volunteers.
For an enjoyable experience and to maintain your safety and ours, it is important we all comply with the following Garden policies and guidelines. Please make yourself familiar with these ahead of your visit.
Garden Hours and Admission Policy
- Garden hours: Tuesday-Sunday, 9 am to 3 pm (last entry at 2:00 pm); closed on all PBC observed holidays.
- The Garden is CLOSED on MONDAYS.
- Nursery hours are Tuesday-Saturday, 9 am to 2:30 pm; closed for lunch. Nursery CLOSURES are included on the Events Calendar.
- Gift Shop hours are Tuesday-Sunday, 9 am to 3 pm.
- Group size is limited to 5 people.
- Members must present their membership card for admittance to the Garden.
- For nonmembers, Garden admission is $10 general (ages 13 and up); and $5 (children ages 5-12 and RAP members).
- CONTACTLESS purchase with credit/debit cards ONLY; no cash.
- Visitors must answer brief Visitor Screening Questions prior to admission.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Garden capacity is limited to 50% of normal daily visitation.
- Online purchase of Memberships is encouraged, but CONTACTLESS purchase at the gate with credit/debit cards is available.
Phase 1: Important Guidelines and Policies for a Safe and Enjoyable Experience
- Face coverings are required at the Admissions window, in the Gift Shop, Nursery, Hutcheson Complex offices, and where social distancing is not possible in the Garden.
- Face coverings are strongly urged while strolling the garden.
- We are admitting visitors at 50% capacity: Only 100 visitors at a time will be permitted inside the Garden.
- Parking is limited to the 50% capacity level.
- To maintain public health safety, we have closed off certain areas in the Garden and have removed “high touch” fixtures such as picnic tables.
- Please practice social distancing (approx. 6 feet or 2 meters) from others at the Entrance Gate area and throughout the Garden.
- A unidirectional traffic pattern has been implemented to encourage social distancing.
- Maintain courtesy while sharing the Garden pathways.
- Public restrooms are located in the Hutcheson Complex/Exhibit Hall area (rear of Garden).
- Water fountains are not currently available for use.
- ONLY credit/debit cards will be accepted for Garden admission and product sales; no cash.
- Nursery policies and restrictions:
- Entry is limited to 5 guests at a time.
- Face covering is required.
- Bring your own wagon or plant carrier; rear parking lot is not open for plant pick up.
- Interaction with the Nursery staff member, for questions or checkout, is limited to one person at a time.
- Maintain social distancing from others.
- Gift Shop policies and restrictions:
- Gift Shop reopened to the public on July 11th.
- Entry is limited to 2 guests at a time.
- Face covering is required.
- Credit/debit cards only for purchase; no cash.
- You may also want to bring the following items for your comfort:
- Sunscreen, hats, and your own bug spray
- Water and any light snacks you may need
- The Pavilion will remain closed.
- Picnics are not permitted.
- Please do not drop gloves or face coverings/masks on the Garden grounds. Trash receptacles are available.
- Visitors who are not complying with Garden Guidelines and Policies will be asked to leave Mounts Botanical and/or escorted to the nearest exit.
Mounts Botanical Office
- Office entry is by appointment only.
- Face coverings are required to enter the MBG Office.
- Signage outside the Office will direct visitors to call the main number for inquiries and/or to schedule appointments with staff members.
- One visitor at a time will be allowed to enter the Office area.
- Social distancing ground markers will be utilized for visitors engaging with the Garden Secretary and staff members.
- Full-time and part-time staff members and contractors will undergo mandatory temperature screenings through the Cooperative Extension Service.
- For commercial photography: No photo shoot permits will be issued until further notice.
- The UF/IFAS Master Gardener Help Desk in the Mounts Auditorium remains closed until further notice.
From the CDC: Understanding COVID-19 Symptoms
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms as outlined by the CDC or have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive with COVID-19, you will not be permitted to visit the Garden.
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms or combinations of symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Or at least two of these symptoms:
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
Palm Beach County Executive Order (EO10-122):
Except as provided in Section 2(A)(l) of this order, senior citizens and individuals with a significant underlying medical condition (such as chronic lung disease, moderate-to-severe asthma, serious heart conditions, immunocompromised
status, cancer, diabetes, severe obesity, renal failure and liver disease) are strongly encouraged to stay at home and take all measures to limit the risk of exposure to COVID-19.
Palm Beach County: http://discover.pbcgov.org/coronavirus/Pages/default.aspx
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/
Palm Beach Florida Health Department: http://palmbeach.floridahealth.gov/