Mounts Botanical Garden of Palm Beach County is a cultural attraction open to the public, in collaboration with the Palm Beach County Cooperative Extension Service and the University of Florida. We provide beautiful botanical displays and natural habitats for both people and wildlife to enjoy.
General Garden Policies
Please help us protect and maintain the Garden by observing the following:
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. For their safety, please supervise children at all times.
- Please leave your pets at home. To ensure a pleasant visit for all, dogs are not allowed in the Garden. Service animals for the disabled, however, are permitted.
- No bicycles, no skate boards, no two-wheeled scooters; these wheeled vehicles are not allowed in the Garden for safety’s sake.
- Strollers, wheelchairs and power chairs are permitted. A wheelchair is available for use; please call ahead of your visit.
- Walking on the grass paths is permitted.
- Please leave the flowers and plants for everyone to enjoy. Do NOT collect or remove any seeds, flowers, fruits, leaves without permission.
- Enjoy the trees, but please do not climb on them.
- NO swimming and NO fishing. Please do not wade or swim in the ponds, stream or other water features.
- Picnicking is permitted in the open areas. Picnic tables are located near the Pavilion, overlooking the pond, and near the Hutcheson Center. Please be courteous and clean up afterwards by removing all your picnic trash.
- Active sports or games are discouraged, except during Special Events.
- The Garden provides benches throughout the grounds for relaxing.
- Protect yourself from the sun, particularly in warmer months. Bug spray is suggested for your personal use.
- Visitors are permitted to take pictures and video for their own personal use only. Please do not block pathways or access for other visitors with tripods or monopods. Please check our Photo Policies in advance for rules and restrictions regarding all other types of photography.
- The rights of other visitors to enjoy the garden must always be respected. Mounts Botanical Garden reserves the right to ask a visitor to leave for inappropriate or offensive behavior. Visitors will be held liable for any damage to Garden property.