Yoga Nidra: A Practice of Profound Deep Relaxation
Yoga Nidra is a practice of profound deep relaxation. This modality is different than meditation and more in line with a supported Savasana: deep rest and relaxation, healing for the nervous system and a process of letting go to remember and connect with the unchanging part of you. All the while, the body and mind are at deep sleep yet simultaneously being aware of the surroundings. This is the highest practice of self-care for body, mind and spirit.
This exploration will start with gentle walk to the Exhibit Hall where we will continue inside with easy movement and breath work culminating with a guided Yoga Nidra practice. Class will be led by Heather Berg.
- Saturday, June 19; 9:00 to 10:00 am
- Class fee: $10 for MBG Members; $15 for nonmembers
- Adults at all levels welcome; no (physical) Yoga or meditation experience required.
- Class will be held INSIDE and is limited to 20.
- Participants will be spaced for social distancing
- Bring a yoga mat or towel, and water.
- Meet at the front entrance; instructor will take the group through the Garden to the Exhibit Hall.
- Use of Face Masks: Mounts Botanical follows all Palm Beach County/CDC policies. Our Exhibit Hall is a County building. If you are fully vaccinated, you are not required to wear a mask inside County buildings. If you are not vaccinated, the recommendation is for you to wear your mask while indoors and outdoors, where you are unable to socially distance.
Heather Berg, E-RYT, has been a yoga practitioner since 1990 where she took her first “Intro to Sun Salutations” at NYU. She practiced many yoga traditions, but it wasn’t until her yoga training with Leslie Glickman where she was trained in Vinyasa Krama did she find her true calling. She is always exploring other respectable yoga teacher workshops and trainings so that she can continue her own growth to bring new concepts to her students.