Welcome to the Garden!
Discover our 14-acre tropical oasis, where you’ll find more than 5,000 species of tropical and sub-tropical plants, including Florida native plants, exotics, tropical fruit trees, herbs, vegetables, palms, roses, cactus, succulents, bromeliads and more.
Garden walkways are paved, providing easy access for all. The main walkway winds around Lake Orth, where koi, plecos and turtles are in abundance. Be sure to pick up some fish food at the Gift Shop. A lake overlook, located on the Color and Shade Island, is a favorite spot to view and feed the fish.
The bridge to the island offers a view of the award-winning Windows on the Floating World, a simulated wetland with perforated walkways for guests to access. The kiddos will love the thrill of getting “lost” in the Children’s Maze, located adjacent to the Edible Garden. The Butterfly Garden attracts a variety of native butterflies and is adjacent to the Great Lawn, where you’ll find our massive Stickwork sculpture, made entirely of willow, with “rooms” you can walk through.
Whether you’re planning an outing with family and friends, or just need an escape for yourself, Mounts Botanical is here to inspire, educate and surprise you with the wonders of nature.
Make the Most of Your Garden Visit
- Garden hours: Tuesday-Sunday, 9 am to 3 pm (last entry at 2:00 pm); closed on Mondays and all PBC observed holidays.
- Garden admission: $10 general (ages 13 and up); and $5 (children ages 5-12); members receive free admission.
- For admission, gift shop and nursery purchases: credit/debit cards only; no cash.
- Members must present their membership card for free admittance to the Garden.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Gift Shop hours are Tuesday-Sunday, 9 am to 2:30 pm.
- CLICK for Nursery and Vintage Thrift Shop information.
- Online purchase of Memberships is encouraged, but purchase at the gate with credit/debit cards is available.
- We suggest wearing sunscreen, bringing plenty of water and an umbrella to protect you from both the sun and rain.
- Smoking is not permitted in the Garden.
- Use of Face Masks: Mounts Botanical Garden (MBG) follows all recommended policies issued by Palm Beach County, the Florida Department of Health in Palm Beach County, and the CDC to ensure the health and safety of our guests, staff and volunteers. If you are fully vaccinated, you are not required to wear a mask inside County buildings, which includes all buildings on our campus. If you are not vaccinated, the recommendation is for you to wear your mask while indoors and outdoors, where you are unable to socially distance.
Mounts Botanical Office
- Face coverings are still recommended to enter the MBG Office.
- Full-time and part-time staff members, volunteers and contractors undergo temperature screenings.
- All photography and videography sessions must be scheduled in advance. CLICK for information.
Events & Programs
- Face coverings are recommended for all non-vaccinated participants at in-person events held inside and for outside events where social distancing is not possible.
- Individuals at a higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 (including older adults and vulnerable people of all ages with certain underlying medical conditions) should avoid in-person events and gatherings at this time.
Discover the Palm Beaches
Extend your visit! CLICK for information on hotels and restaurants in the West Palm Beach area.